Right or Wrong?

Hello everyone. I did not intend for this post to be very long, but I really needed to share something that has been on my mind and heart.  (Please remember, I am not a theologian or a preacher. I'm just writing from my heart. Please don't judge me.)  Also, you don't have to agree with me.  I won't take it personally.  As a Christian, a true Christian, a person should not judge another person.  But this is where the line gets drawn and people get offended and feel judged.  Judging a person is saying "YOU are wrong, YOU are going to live in the damnation of hell because YOU are a sinner."  Guess what?  We are all sinners, and we have all fallen short of the glory of God.  Says so, right there in the Bible, Romans 3:23.

This is what I can do.  I can identify SIN.  Sin is a willful transgression against the will of God.  I know when I willfully sin against God.  I know what the Bible identifies as sin.  In Exodus 20, The Ten Commandments give us very specific instructions.  Do you kill, steal, lie, etc.  As the worldly laws put a value (or degree of magnitude) on these, such as lying is not punishable by law, stealing and killing would get you arrested.  Driving while intoxicated might get you arrested, but would not be as serious as killing another person.  In God's eyes, sin is sin.  There are no values, or degrees of sin.  While it is hard to understand a lie being just as punishable as murder, such is the case for a sin against God.

As Christians, it IS our duty, our mission to preach the gospel.  It is our mission to make sure that people everywhere know the truth.  He is the way, the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Jesus.  (John 14:6)  It IS our responsibility to make sure that people understand sin, what is right and wrong in the eyes of the Father.  THAT is NOT a judgment, THAT IS THE TRUTH.  If someone has sin in their life, do not judge the person, judge the sin.  It has become a very slippery slope, this world we live in.  People are so conflicted about being judged.  And let me tell you, they know that a Christian should not be judging them.  Christians are supposed to be full of love and the grace of God and not judgment. Christians must walk a fine line, ministering to those in need without judging them.

Hebrews 12:14-16 instructs us well. 
"Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.  See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.  See that no one is sexually immoral....."

Colossians 3:5-10
"Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.  Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived.  But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator."  AMEN!!!!!



And just because I always have to add a sweet picture of my precious Morgan...
Morgan's birthday was on March 9th.  I didn't write anything, so here is a sweet picture of her on her 17th birthday at ACH with some of her sweet, sweet friends that came to see her.  Love you all 💕




Comments

Popular Posts