Hello and Happy Thanksgiving!  Just three more days and we can all eat a lot of yummy food and not feel guilty, right?  Although we should reflect on everything we have to be thankful every single day, we really focus on this particular day and take time to ponder all the things we are thankful for in our lives.  Yes, the holidays are extremely hard for me.  Morgan LOVED Thanksgiving; she absolutely loved getting together with family and getting to see all her cousins.  This was very special for her, and of course, this time of year puts a lot of focus on family, and people gathering together to celebrate, so that is deflating/depressing/lonely for me.  I was just telling my mother the other day that I'm starting to get that empty, lonely feeling that starts creeping up on me this time of year.  We were not in the hospital with her at Thanksgiving (2014), and all was well, BUT... it was the last holiday we got to spend with her before the accident.  The first picture below is the group of us that went together to paint our turkeys and pumpkins.  I already shared the one of just me and Morgan, so here is the group of us that went.  We had a wonderful time painting together.   That second picture, oh my goodness, it still makes me laugh.  Morgan and I were having such a good time shopping and she walked up and said hey mom, look!!  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  When I took the picture she threatened me that I could not post it anywhere!!!  Well, Morgan, I'm sorry honey, but I'm sharing your funny side with the world - they deserve to see it, I think.  Ok, now I'm crying.  I'm sorry, I don't mean to make anyone sad.  She and I had such a good time that day.... and many days.  Ok, moving on.  Photo #3 - her very last selfie on Instagram.  She took it Thanksgiving Day (2014), before we left our house to go to grandma and granddaddy's house.  Sigh.  My goodness, she was such a beautiful girl.  Photos #4, 5, 6 and 7 - well, you'll just have to see for yourself!  They take my breath away.  As I mentioned before, Morgan absolutely loved her cousins, and that extended to her second cousins - the babies!!!  You can see her in the next photos horsing around with her dad and her little cousin, Sawyer.  She loved him and he loves her so very much.  He was just a little thing when she passed away, but he still talks about her all the time.  Bless his heart.  All the ones old enough to remember her, miss her so much and talk about her all the time.  In the last two photos, you can see Morgan napping.  Well, Sawyer thought she needed some toys to nap with, and then he gave her a little kiss.... Ohhhhh my heart, I love that boy!!!!

So yes, this is a mighty difficult time of year for me.  I miss Morgan every single day.  I think about her constantly.  But I also have plenty to be thankful for in my life.  I have an amazing husband, who is my rock.  I have a wonderful son who loves me and keeps me laughing.  I have unbelievable friends and family who pray for me and support me, day in and day out.  I have my Lord and Savior, who loves me, keeps me and never leaves me.  Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."  Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."  And one of my very favorite verses, Psalm 91:2  I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."  Yes!  I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You!

When you don't move the mountains, I'm needing you to move.  When you don't part the waters, I wish I could walk through, Lord.  When you don't give the answers as I cry out to You!  I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You!  Here's the kicker, you guys... Truth is, You know what tomorrow brings.  There's not a DAY ahead that You have not already seen.  So, in all things be my life and breath.  I want what You want, Lord.  And nothing less.  [Lyrics from I will Trust by Lauren Daigle]

I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!  I love you all with all of my heart!













Comments

Popular Posts