Unwritten Letters - To My Daughter

 To My Daughter, On Your Birthday:

Today, March 9th, 23 years ago, you were born. I called you my little tree frog, with your skinny arms and legs.  I know, not very flattering, but you were beautiful! And so much energy, we would soon find out! Mason loved on you, helped feed you when you got older and played with you all the time.  That, of course, changed when you were old enough to get into his toys! haha

March 9, 2015. That was a very different year. We celebrated your birthday in the hospital, not sure what the future would hold for any of us.  But we still came together, so many friends and family, coming together to celebrate you, Morgan.  The spirited, love-filled, generous life of Morgan.

March 9, 2021.  You would be 23 today.  We "celebrate" your life, but we do it with heavy hearts and knowing that you are not here with us, and you haven't been with us for 6 very long years.  You accomplished so much for the 17 short years that you were with us.  I think anyone would agree.  You touched so many lives.  You showed many people the love of Jesus.

I know that in May 2016, you would have graduated high school, probably with some kind of honors.  You were so diligent about your school work, always studying and doing your best to get good grades.  You absolutely LOVED your Wampus Cats and your soccer team!

I know that you would have seen your dream of going to UCA, playing soccer and being apart of their Occupational Therapy program.  You could always accomplish what you set your mind to doing.  Your dad and I taught both you and Mason to never give up, and always finish what you started.  We are immensely proud of both of you and so proud to be parents of two wonderfully accomplished children.

Morgan, it was your dream to go on a mission trip.  I am sure you would have seen that dream through, and probably more than once.  Once you had some training, you probably would have gone on a medical mission trip, helping young and old alike to get back on their feet, as you taught them about the love of Jesus!  I can just see you doing that and it makes me smile.  I know you didn't get to, but I know you would have, if you were given the chance.

I think about your wedding, sweetie.  I remember your Pinterest page and how you had designs, colors, patterns, and all kinds of pictures already picked out.  You knew what you wanted, and you would have gotten every single thing because your daddy couldn't tell you no, haha!!  We probably would have spent hours trying on dresses until we found the perfect one that you wanted, and you would have been the picture of love, joy and happiness!!  I know this because when you found your soulmate, he would have loved and respected you as much as he loved and respected God.  You would have it no other way.

Oh, my precious Morgan.  You will always be 17 for me, but I know in my heart, that would have been an amazing, spirit-filled, God-loving, generous, kind, radiant woman, wife, mother and person, all the way around.  I love you forever, I like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.







Today is a beautiful day.
The sun is shining bright and beautiful Morgan Raes are shining down on us...
Happy Birthday, my sweet Morgan.















Comments

  1. What a beautiful tribute to one amazing beautiful young lady that was taken way too sonn! Love you much

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts